The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the Washington, DC area.
Lead the technical direction of the Air Force Enterprise IT (AFEIT) Division in Leidos. AFEIT is responsible for all performance of all Air Force Enterprise IT programs and is responsible for the development and execution of the new business pipeline for Air Force Enterprise IT opportunities.
Areas of focus for AFEIT include:
• Infrastructure Engineering, Installation, O&M and Services (including NOCs/SOCs, Data Centers, Cloud Platforms, Network/Telecomm, End User Support, Service Desk, Virtualized Platforms).
• Defensive Cyber.
• Enterprise Applications - Integration, Refactoring, Modernization, Migration and O&M/Development Support.
• Data Engineering and Analytics including establishing platforms that enable Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence.
Responsible for working both within Leidos and with our customers to mature our technical strategy, ensure successful technical execution of AF programs, and win new business
• Lead the development of our technical strategy in line with Air Force objectives and sensitive to rapidly changing technologies to enable new business opportunities.
• Review and monitor existing programs to ensure system designs meet/exceed requirements and technical risks are identified and mitigated resulting in successful delivery of programs to our customer.
• Support customer engagement events to understand our AF customer's future needs and ensure a better informed technical strategy.
• Lead the development of solutions for upcoming customer needs/solicitations.
• Lead research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the applicability to current or future AF programs.
• Mentor aspiring lead engineers ensuring a culture of technical vitality in the Division.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline with 15+ years of related experience in the areas listed in the Job Summary.
• Demonstrated expertise developing/delivering technical solutions for large enterprises
Understanding and experience of lifecycle development methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience delivering technical reports and plans (verbal, written) to Leidos executives and senior officers in the Air Force.
Experience with all components of the ITIL framework.
• Possess current industry certifications in project management, cloud technologies, compute platforms, systems and networks, data services and/or security.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Familiarity with Air Force Enterprise IT systems, requirements and acquisitions.
• Experience as a Chief Engineer, Director of Engineering, or CTO.
• Successful development and leadership of large-scale technical solutions within proposals.
• Experience developing and managing solutions to cost and schedule constraints.
• Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel