The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software/Systems Solutions Architect to work in Dayton, OH or Arlington, VA. Interested in being a leader that is responsible for driving the technical execution of a research program supporting autonomy and system of system communication through the use of open system architectures? Join a fast growing, hard-working, dynamic organization; Leidos is seeking a talented Software/Systems Solutions Architect with a focus on Autonomy & Open Architectures. The successful candidate will help architect, coordinate, program, build and enhance highly available, scalable research system(s) used by our customers for the advancement of open system architectures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Candidate would be responsible for the specification, design, development, and analysis of software-based products and systems.
- Generate systems engineering DoDAF artifacts with programs such as Enterprise Architect and/or MagicDraw and determines which views can be developed based on the level of effort and data available.
- Perform overall engineering functions for HW/SW components including: requirements specification; product and design evaluation; trade-off and selection analysis; modeling and simulation.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of designed systems.
- Perform tasks of a high degree of complexity and difficulty with no supervision.
- Program and test solutions in C++ and Java.
- Work with Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline with 10+ years of software systems engineering experience; or a Master's degree with 6+ years software engineering experience.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
- Strong C++ and Java- Familiarity with wide variety of IDEs (Integrated Development Environments)
- Experience with understanding DoD Use cases (DoD preferred) for use in deriving requirements and implementation in engineering or physics based coded scenarios.
- Familiarity with programming FPGAs- Familiarity with high speed buses, such as Infiniband
- Experience leading technical volumes or sections of proposals
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision
.- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following: DoD Architecture Framework, Open Systems Architecture (OSA), Enterprise Architect, , Linux/Unix, VxWorks
- Experience with avionics and/or sensor integration along with appropriate DoD mission application
- Familiarity with Standardization Agreement (STANAG) requirements, communications standards and architectures.
- CMMI Processes, Agile (Scrum) Methods, Virtual Machine Environment, Coding Standards, Distributed Computing Architectures. Information Assurance/ CyberSecurity, Object-Oriented Design, Service-Oriented Architecture, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Know someone who can do this job? Refer them and if they get hired you make $2000. Learn how here
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: