Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to support our continued growth. The DevOps Engineer works side by side with the software engineering, and operations teams and will be responsible for designing, implementing and automating build, release, deployment, monitoring and configuration activities. A successful candidate will have strong priors around automation design and implementation in real-time systems or high-reliability environments. This role is broadly equivalent to that of a site-reliability engineer.
This position is located in Dayton, OH or Charlottesville, VA.
• Develop, test and maintain build and deployment for CI/CD pipelines.
• Drive the Operations team toward automation and deployment best practices.
• Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management.
• Actively participate in Engineering Scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
• Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures and requirements for systems.
• Research, suggest, and apply new promising technologies, strategies and ways to solve technical issues.
• Bachelor of Science in technical field with 4 years of related experience OR 8 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• 3+ years of experience with Bash or Python, ideally in an automation focused capacity
• 2+ years' experience using Puppet or Chef for configuration management
• 3+ years Linux and Windows system administration
• Professional experience with Git or Mercurial
• Working familiarity with VMware or KVM
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and with ability to obtain Secret clearance or higher. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
• Experience with Foreman or similar provisioning management tool
• Familiarity with at least one systems-programming language such as C++ or Rust
• Professional experience supporting always-on services with 3 "nines" of uptime
• Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
• Experience building out CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
• Troubleshooting network routing and VLANs
• Experience with AWS, particularly EC2 and S3
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: