Leidos is hiring a Field Service Technician in the Washington D.C. area. This position is a part-time position scheduled afternoon and evening hours to perform shift work and warehouse duties as needed.
All Field Service Technicians must be a U.S citizen and hold a SECRET clearance.
The position is part of a rapid response, small team that fields equipment at various sites for equipment setup, sample collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations across the United States. In addition to shift work, occasional travel may be required throughout the continental US.
Work hours are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer. Candidate can expect to work weekends.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain sensor equipment from storage locations, testing to ensure operational, and transporting them to all required installation site locations.
• Schedule and complete all logistical duties to include travel and shipping of equipment in coordination with the customer, meeting time sensitive deadlines.
• Collect environmental media, package and prepare for initial lab testing
• Follow specific step by step instructions set forth by the customer for collection and testing
• Prepare after-action reports, weekly and monthly reports and other program documentation to include equipment diagnostics and shipping records.
• Schedule and conduct Preventive Maintenance at regular intervals and publish results.
• Inspect equipment and conduct basic repairs as needed.
• Update deployment and warehouse records.
• Securing the DFU equipment upon task completion, package equipment and arrange for shipment back to the storage facility.
• Active SECRET Clearance.
Required Education & Experience:
• Ability to work flexible hours/shifts and travel on short notice (up to 90% of the time).
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years related experience or Master's degree with less than 2 years related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4+ years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Prior experience in field deployments and/or warehousing and logistic operations.
• Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and must be able to work independently. He/She must be able to follow written and oral instructions and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Candidate should have a strong customer focus. • Proficiency in MS Office Suite including the ability to update and write Status Reports and After-Action Reports.
• Field Service Technicians must possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and night time hours.
• Field Service Technicians must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without lay over.
• Field Service Technicians must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
• In order to install and retrieve sensors systems and environmental samples, technicians must be able to access mechanical spaces and or HVAC systems on rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes to access air intake tunnels. Thus the ability to perform the below functions is required.
o Ability to ascend/descend a fixed ladders up to 24' in height.
o Ability to ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes.
o Ability to work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up 30 minutes.
o Ability to walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min. o Ability to work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes multiple times during the shift.
o Ability to bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time 12 times a shift with minimum recovery time. o Ability to lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
• Knowledge in the operation of sample collection systems, field test methods, collection of field data is desired.
• Knowledge of sampling methods and quality assurance procedures as applied to collection, transport, and preliminary processing of environmental samples is desired.
• Experience in field deployment of mechanical equipment and operation.
• Experience in coordinating special event surge support.
• Prior experience and ability to plan a field operation within 72 hours, installing equipment at temporary sites and producing customer after-action reports.
• Basic knowledge of HVAC systems.
• Background in CBRN environment is a plus.
• HAZWOPER certification or HAZMAT training
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: