Leidos is seeking Multi-Media Designers (MMDs) with broad - based computer skills to support our Fluor Marine Propulsion (FMP) customer. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor nuclear power trainers, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and instructional designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The team's mission is to transform Navy-developed computer-based nuclear power training curriculum from ideas and concepts to functional desktop applications. These applications are used in a self-paced learning environment by Navy nuclear powerplant operator trainees.
Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter that is able to multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly transition between various projects to solve technical issues. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and Subject Matter Experts. Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop applications using storyboards. Responsible for applying adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions. Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs. Converting instructor led content to e-Learning solutions, when applicable. Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases.
- Must be proficient in developing multimedia training products for use in web based environments.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate's degree with 2 or more years of professional experience
- Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Must be proficient in the development of interactive training applications object oriented programming.
- Must be proficient with troubleshooting techniques for software and multimedia development environments.
- Must work with FMP and Navy subject matter experts to assist in training curriculum development and implementation.
- Must have active or current DOD final secret clearance and ability to obtain a DOE-L clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year relevant experience or equivalent education and experience or Associate's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus but not required: SQL, Visual Basic, Developing Databases using Microsoft Access, Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards, Proficient in the storyboarding of training products including sequencing and interactivity specifications, Use of Adobe Captivate, or Premier.
- Knowledge of the Navy Nuclear Power Training Program (NNPTP) is a plus.