Our Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an IT Specialist at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
The IT Specialist will provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems.
- Perform, or review, technical Cybersecurity assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Validate and verify system security requirements
- Assist in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Documenting system or network diagram that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- General support: Provide general SCIF support commensurate to all other permanent SCIF users. Escort IT support personnel that may be required access to the SCIF for inspection, repair, maintenance, or replacement of IT equipment
- Equipment Tracking and Refresh: Build and/or update equipment trackers for AMC SCIF locations to include data for use in budget planning and life cycle refresh/replacement.
- Assist in soliciting AMC headquarters and subordinate G2 personnel for IT needs, compile input and make recommendations to the TTM or Government IT representative. Build and recommend IT life cycle refresh/replacement plans for all JWICS IT equipment across AMC and will research and recommend equipment to meet requirements
- High School Diploma with 6+ years, Associate with 4+ years or Bachelor's degree with 2+ year of related experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus; able to effectively interact with a diverse customer base and various IT experts on a daily basis.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 IA certification at IAT II: Security + ce
- Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- 25% Travel Required
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel