Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Manager, Proposal Operations - Proposal Management and Compliance located In Reston, VA or Rockville, MD.
The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $30B in annual proposal submissions. We are seeking a highly qualified, Senior Manager able to lead our team of Proposal Managers and Compliance Leads. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
• Manage and Lead a team of 30+ geographically dispersed Proposal Managers and Proposal Compliance Leads.
• Monitor and understand the Leidos Enterprise pipeline and prioritize requests for resources
• Lead the Proposal Management team through job specific goal setting, performance tracking, mentoring, career progression, and positioning the team for long-term success.
• Supervise and provide leadership and performance guidance to employees and junior staff
• Track, schedule, and coordinate work assignments to support new business capture across the Leidos Enterprise
• Grow next generation Proposal Management Talent
• Judicious escalation of operational issues to the Leidos Leadership team
• Regularly liaise with Line Leadership, Capture Operations, subcontractors, and customer stakeholders throughout the Leidos community
• This position will require hands-on work to establish team goals, review of workloads and schedules, and counseling of staff in challenging situations.
• This position could require Managing Proposals and Color Review Team work when needed
• Weekend and evening hours and quick-turn projects are routinely required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Additional years' experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• 12+years of direct proposal/capture-related experience; Government Contracting experience required
• The selected candidate must possess 3+ years of demonstrated direct supervisory experience of a large team.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values.
• Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Direct Proposal/Capture Management experience
• Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
• TS Clearance
• Experience with SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: