Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Manager, Proposal Operations - Proposal Writing and Editing located In Reston, VA or Rockville, MD.
The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $30B in annual proposal submissions. We are seeking a highly qualified, Senior Manager able to lead our team of Proposal Writers and Editors. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
• Manage and Lead a team of 30+ geographically dispersed Proposal Writers and Editors.
• Monitor and understand the Leidos Enterprise pipeline and prioritize requests for resources
• Lead the Proposal Writing & Editing team through job specific goal setting, performance tracking, mentoring, career progression, and positioning the team for long-term success.
• Supervise and provide leadership and performance guidance to employees and junior staff
• Oversee and coordinate with Capture Excellence on the implementation of the Leidos Proposal Writing course
• Track, schedule, and coordinate work assignments to support new business capture across the Leidos Enterprise
• Grow next generation of Proposal Writing Talent
• Judicious escalation of operational issues to the Leidos Leadership team
• Regularly liaise with Capture Operations, subcontractors, and customer stakeholders throughout the Leidos community
• This position will require hands-on work to establish team goals, review daily workloads and schedules, and counseling of staff in challenging situations.
• This position could require Writing and Color Review Team work when needed
• Weekend and evening hours and quick-turn projects are routinely required
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Additional year experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• 12+years of direct proposal/capture-related experience; Government Contracting experience required
• The selected candidate must possess 3+ years of demonstrated direct supervisory experience of a large team.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values.
• Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Direct Proposal/Capture Management experience
• Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
• TS Clearance
• Experience with SharePoint