The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a JMSDF Technical Representative to work at Yokohama, Japan.
You will provide logistics and technical support services to the NAVSEA PMS 326 Program Office for the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program. Provide logistics, configuration management, technical support/assistance and data analysis for the development of planning and implementation data for the installation, maintenance and overhaul of ships and shore-based facilities and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) to the JMSDF operational fleet, Maritime Staff Office, Maritime Material Command, maintenance and overhaul facilities and naval systems vendors.
• Provide engineering and technical services to support the JMSDF ship construction program, including system integration, material management, testing and technical/corrective maintenance coordination, as required.
• Update and provide action item summary reports on key logistics or technical issues and their resolution.
• Prepare supporting technical and logistics documentation as required to participate in various meetings concerning naval systems and other equipment for JMSDF ships and related support facilities.
• Establishes and maintains key interfaces with US Navy and JMSDF program representatives, subcontractor and Leidos personnel to expedite required actions, identify issues, present options for review/approval and implement resolution to meet fleet unit requirements and delivery schedules.
• Facilitates and attends technical meetings in support of PMS 326; researches, coordinates and resolves on going issues or questions, as required.
• Teamwork, attitude, personal initiative, and decisiveness, are key discriminators.
• Prior technical and logistics experience providing US Navy program support, with a proven record of excellent customer interface.
• Must have skills and experience in formulating and executing program support processes, with expertise in USN combat systems and/or hull, mechanical and electrical systems for surface combatant, mine warfare, amphibious, auxiliary, command ships and/or patrol craft.
• Ability to independently research, assess and present analyses of technical/logistics data and recommended options for government decision.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills to ensure all customer requirements are identified and met; perform a variety of tasks independently and in a team environment, interfacing effectively with U.S. and foreign government organizations and private industry representatives.
• Background in U.S. Navy combat systems.
• Ability to obtain Secret level security clearance and pass required investigation in a timely manner.
• Self-starter; able to work both independently and on team assignments.
• Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare program manager level position papers and presentations. Proficiency in MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Proven experience effectively communicating with senior US government representatives.
• BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience, equivalent experience and education combined is acceptable. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
• Active Secret security clearance.
- Technical Documentation Experience, including Engineering Change Proposal/Order (ECP / ECO) Experience.
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) experience, including Legacy US Navy systems equipment and obsolescence mitigation.
- Direct customer support/interface experience.
- Strategic mindset.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Standard Plus On Call
Defense & Intel