Leidos has an exciting and challenging Financial Analyst position supporting our careC2 commercial products and services start-up business within the Leidos Health Group. This position allows for a unique experience that blends traditional FP&A and program finance activities with more unusual activities only seen in a commercial startup. Individual career growth opportunities will also be enabled as the business venture grows.
This positon allows for the opportunity to gain understanding into multiple types of expenses including: Contract Direct, Indirect Overhead, SG&A and Capital; deals with contract types including: SaaS, PaaS, Subscription, T&M, FFP and FPIF; and deals with accounting items including: amortization of intangible assets (SW capital), deferred contract costs, performance fees and revenue sharing with our alpha product customers. In addition to visibility into a wide variety of financial concepts, presentation opportunities are also available to both operational and financial leadership.
- Create and maintain project budgets, WBSs and other program baselines.
- Analyze program performance including identification of trailing costs, misalignments in charging, and variance analysis activities.
- Identify risks and opportunities against the program budget baseline, making specific recommendations which will result in performance improvements and cost savings (e.g. make/buy analysis, etc.)
- Support Estimates at Completion (EAC) processes, working with the program team to develop to-go cost estimates (ETCs).
- Assist in performing independent cost modeling to test ETC/EAC results for realism.
- Track and reconcile backlog by utilizing and validating metrics such as awards, factoring, debooks and other adjustments.
- Contribute to development of Income statement financials, the Balance Sheet and Cash Flows as part of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process.
- Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to leadership if/when identified in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, AR, AP.
- Assist in the development of financial materials used to communicate financial performance, risks & opportunities and recommendations to operational and financial leadership .
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and minimum 2 years of experience in either FP&A, Program Finance, or Program Control disciplines, with an understanding of major accounting concepts.
- Ability think out of the box, making processes more efficient and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication skills, with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with financial tools including CostPoint, Fusion, Hyperion-LPAS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Excel (e.g. lookup, what-of, if/then, IRR, NPV, formulas).
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: