Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
You: A talented, creative, experienced, and hard-working front-end developer who loves creating interfaces that are so simple, intuitive, clean, and elegant that users find it easy to accept and adopt game-changing technology.
Us: An all-star team building a machine-learning enabled, microservices-based framework that is transforming the way a major USG customer uses their data. Work in Arlington, VA, Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD. You choose!
If you like doing these tasks, this might be the right job for you:
- Responsible for employing agile development processes and operating in a cloud environment.
- Perform requirements analysis and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications.
- Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
- Understand concepts such as AJAX, asynchronous programming; familiar with a code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular; have a working knowledge of layout frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation; have a solid command of HTML5, CSS3, and JSON; development will involve negotiating interfaces with the back-end developers, performing REST calls and rendering data structures.
- Good communication skills are a must; additionally, it is expected that documentation will be done in Confluence (with other developers as the target audience).
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments, as well as a solid understanding of the lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation in an Agile framework.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed DoD business process for security engineering.
- Rapid application prototyping and direct user interaction.
- Code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Develop software to support sponsor prototypes, operational software, and internal research efforts.
- Develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
- Integration of platforms leveraging APIs (REST, JSON etc.)
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting, studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- 4 years experience with code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular
- 4 years experience with HTML5, CSS3, and JSON
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) mission.
External Referral Eligible