Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Systems Administrator (Linux) to support modeling and simulation Linux and Windows systems and servers at the Korea Air Simulation Center (KASC) at Osan AB, Korea.
The candidate will perform the full range of system administration and database management tasks to include Linux, and Windows server operating system administration, installation, configuration, and reconfiguration; software install, load, and applications server configuration; system performance monitoring and multi-server troubleshooting; security and user id/duty position management; oracle database server management, backup, recovery, and maintenance in a real-time, on-line, redundant backup data server configuration; database and applications server performance monitoring, problem documentation, and field-level resolution; database SQL query and Oracle Report writer reports generation to satisfy user articulated requirements; GUI customization and management, and maintenance of system files. Provide support to install and upgrade Air Force Modeling and Simulation Training Toolkit (AFMSTT) architectures as directed by the government.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Secret Clearance required on day one
- DoD 8570.01M IAT Level II certification - Security + CE or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years' of related experience.
- Experience administering large, multi-server, workstation/Xterm client, thin-client, relational database structured application systems
- Systems experience with Linux; Oracle Database Administration, SQL query
- Linux scripting languages; system/database monitoring; and multi-server troubleshooting.
-Associate's degree in computer science, information systems, electrical/electronic engineering, or mathematics.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills and be customer service oriented
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of formal degree requirement
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with networking in a TCP/IP-based, intranet-like, distributed client environment is recommended.
- RHEL and MCSA certification highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel