The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Major Incident Response (MIR) Specialist at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
JOB SUMMARY: Major Incident Response (MIR) Specialist in support of the AFNCR IT Services Program's Communications Focal Point (CFP) team. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The MIR Specialist will be the person responsible for rapid response and resolution of enterprise IT incidents and events, coordinating with internal/external teams to identify the root cause, restore service with workarounds if necessary, and communicate status to affected stakeholders throughout and following the incident. This role is to coordinate IT incident response and not specifically interface with end users, but taking on issues such as site outages and driving the collective response.
• Identify major IT incidents and events based on reporting from AFNCR work centers, both internal and external to the program.
• Receive notification of an issue, either from a user calling the Help Desk or from staff observation, and triage the incident and run it to completion.
• Pull in the responsible parties (internal or external) to diagnose, fix, and communicate the IT problem/status/resolution.
• Establish and maintain communication with all stakeholders and parties to the resolution during and immediately following the incident.
• Provide IT incident coordination, track investigation and provide resolution activities across participating teams.
• Maintain situational awareness of the incident status and impact, and provide the latest information through the Government communication and command structure.
• Work with problem management staff to identify corrective actions to the root cause and track them to closure.
• Establish troubleshooting conference calls, coordinate internal and outside parties for any incident and run troubleshooting calls through completion.
• Able to think swiftly while coordinating an incident from beginning to end whether from SCOM or Solar winds detection or customer notification.
• Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, certification, and/or training may be accepted in lieu of a degree. • Experience performing IT incident response.
• Experience coordinating with support teams, both internal and external, to respond to incidents.
• Experience working in an ITIL-based enterprise IT environment.
• Robust communication skills, experience dealing with demanding customers in a high-pressure environment.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• ITIL certification.
• Experience working with ITSM tools, especially Remedy.
• Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
• Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR.
• Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel