The Government Health and Safety Solutions Group is seeking an Oracle DBA with ETL experience in Rockville, MD.
Successful candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card Holders and qualify for a Public Trust 6c clearance.
The Database Administrator responsibilities will include:
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development and Test environments. Works in conjunction with other teams in the database administration of the Pre-Production and Production environments
- Providing database administration support for application development teams for Maintenance and Emergency software releases.
- Creating logical and physical data models from user requirements;
- Performing data migrations;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS to determine appropriate benefits to the FDA program;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Assisting customers with issues related to applications involving issues with PL/SQL code, UNIX shell scripts, cron job code running in development and production environments.
- Developing Oracle stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers in support of new applications being deployed;
- Recommending solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications;
- Implementing new releases and completing maintenance requirements.
The role may also include, as needed:
- Support for writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Ability to support the updating of Security Artifacts and environment Vulnerability Analysis
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Developing and execute migration strategies for migrating large databases to Oracle Exadata.
- Exalogic server migration, performance testing and troubleshooting.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6-7 years of professional experience; or 5 years of professional experience with a related Masters' degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Highly proficient in core DBA skills spanning multiple releases like Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL Queries, procedures, triggers, and DDL
- Hands on experience in DB application development
- Experience with Oracle Data Pump
- Data warehouse and/ or ETL Experience with WebLogic installation
- Experience with Performance tuning (DB, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience in writing and modifying UNIX Shell Scripts
- Certified Oracle Administrator
- Experience with Oracle 11g Exadata and Exalogic architecture, Oracle 10g/11g/ 12c
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: