The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Cost Analyst. The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Business Operation team working on the United States Antarctic Program's (USAP).
- This position will participate in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting on projects/work center financials.
- Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baselines, develops WBS and related dictionaries, develops budgets, and has a complete understanding of related financial policies.
- Will assist with and manage internal projects from initiation through completion
- Implements financial policies and procedures in support of the program
- Supports Internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections and variance analysis
- Participating in long range planning for program priorities that will define future proposals.
- Provides data and reporting formats for all types and levels of program reviews. Prepares written and verbal reports to management regarding cost variances. Will assist with and manage internal projects from initiation through completion
- Work to achieve Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) goals and contractual commitments
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Complies with applicable safety, environmental, health, and waste management policies and procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a four-year degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience, and two years' experience in cost analysis, forecasting and estimating
- Advanced user-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Driven by deadlines
- Ability to calculate, analyze, and interpret mathematical information such as percent differences, ratios, weighted average, etc.
- Proven analytical problem-solver who enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent organizational skills in order to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- A desire to utilize business sense and creativity in order to develop new ideas and meaningful solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction at all experience levels
Due to contract requirements, U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.