No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Summary: Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to support the ESA IV Program.
- Shaping decisions for our customer in the area of network design, administration, and thought leadership to become a trusted advisor.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems.
- Configure network equipment and services.Produce network implementation and migration plans, and diagrams.
- Test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.Audit and assess network enclaves against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.Produce and review technical documentation.
- Provide recommendations to optimize network operation and performance.Work with internal as well as customer project management and technical teams during design, development, and implementation phases of various network-related initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years relevant work experience with a Telecommunication equipment Vendor, Service Provide, or a data center.
- 10+ years of experience in traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security, performance and fault tolerant architecture.
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, GRE, IPSec, DMVPN, NAT
- Hands-on experience with the following Cisco routing and switching platforms: Catalyst 4500/6500/6800, Nexus 9k 7k, 5k, and 2k.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following firewall platforms: Fortinet FortiGate, Cisco ASA.
- Hands-on experience with load balancers.
- Experience configuring and monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco SSL-VPN, AnyConnect and policy configuration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure cloud environment
- Hands-on experience with Cisco / Tandberg VTC infrastructure equipment.
- Good understanding of network and server virtualization.
- Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, BSD, or AIX systems.
- Hands-on experience developing scripts using various shells and other scripting languages (for example Perl, Tcl, Expect)
- Professional level understanding of mobile device management frameworks such as AirWatch.