The Leidos Intelligence Group Strategy and Business Development Operations Director is responsible for the strategic planning activities driving Leidos pursuit of the Intelligence Community and Intelligence-related work leading to increased market/revenue growth to Leidos. Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, Customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis. Additionally, you will be required to support the communication and implementation of the strategy.
In addition, this leader will oversee all Intel Business Development Group operational activities for the Intelligence line of business which includes oversight to the execution of the Group business rhythms and support to Corporate business rhythms as needed.
Work collaboratively with the Intel Operations BD&S Vice Presidents and across the company to ensure company's success. Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in BD&S in other Groups to promote collaboration.
As required, lead organizational change, further integration across Leidos and w/in Intel. Work to establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Intel Group. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Strategy and Business Development (S&BD) for Intelligence.
Lead and manage the Group BD Operations staff to include: BD Operations Lead, BD Operations Analyst, BD Finance, and as required the rotational BDLP assigned personnel in support of all Intel BD&S activities to include Strategy Development and Business Development Operations.
Develop and maintain strong partner relationships with the Intelligence Operations line and BD&S VPs and their Staff.
Lead the Intelligence Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan and planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.
In collaboration with Intel Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysists and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
Maintain ongoing awareness of changes in the market and customer environment and provide timely recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigation of potential impacts to the Leidos Intelligence strategy.
Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Intelligence Group and its strategy.
Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
Business Development Operations:
Lead/Support the Intelligence Group & Corporate Business development business rhythms with Group BD Operations staff and in coordination with BD&S VPs that includes: Group Monthly Pipeline reviews, Closest to the Pin BD Metric Assessments (Awards, Submits, NBF), Coordination of Group and Corporate Gate Reviews, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development. Lead the improvement of PWin metrics through participation and support to key capture Win Plan milestones and reviews to include Strategy Reviews, Pricing Reviews, Color Reviews, etc.
Oversee (with BD&S Group staff and BD&S VPs) regular reporting that includes: Pipeline metrics, Win/Loss records, Awards/Submits, Marketing, Bid & Proposal and overhead expenditure tracking, etc.
Oversee the implementation and maintenance of data in the CRM Tool to ensure that BD Operations team is maximizing the use of the tool within Operations such as development of dashboards, reports, etc. Ensure Accuracy of the data by ensuring exceptions are resolved quickly.
Manage overhead costs and rates by supporting the development of New Business Funds and Overhead budgets by ledger with Ops BD&S VPs. As necessary reconcile issues with finance. Provide mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and Capture Managers on effective use of budgets when required.
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but may consider TS with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 10 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Capture and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Intel Community and/or DoD personnel.
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos