More About the Role:
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specializing in the management of complex technology programs. We have an exciting opportunity working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to support the development and delivery of information technology services to the handling and processing of paper census questionnaires. The 2021 Census Questionnaire Management (QM) program, Program Management Office is located in the Southeast of the United Kingdom, near the ONS Titchfield, Hampshire office with the predominance of IT engineering support being provided from the US, in Lanham, MD.
Leidos heritage companies have significant experience in supporting Census operations in the UK (2001 and 2011), USA and Canada. Building on this experience, and the involvement of almost the same team, Leidos will continue its support of the ONS customer, delivering development, test, and operational capabilities for the 2021 Census. This work includes the production and post-out of blank Questionnaires to Households in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and the receipt, scanning, data capture, keying and coding of returned forms.
What You'll Get to Do:
The testing engineer position is in support of the 2021 UK Census. The test engineer will be responsible for supporting a set of events and tests to validate that the system is operational ready for each development release leading up to the 2021 Census. Testing includes segment (functional), integration, security, performance/load and operational readiness testing for two Census events: Rehearsal (October 2019) and the Census (March 2021). The test engineer will work in a fast-paced environment, including working with multiple project teams, platforms, architectures, and diverse technologies.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
• Develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Analysis Reports and ensure project related test deliverables adhere to policy and meet requirements.
• Execute Test Cases
• Defects tracking and test results reporting.
• Troubleshooting and debugging
• Escalate risks and issues related to test.
• Support operational staff with creating: procedures, job aids, and training materials.
• Collaborate with the operational staff to execute all Operational Readiness Testing activities (planning, designing, executing, and reporting).
• Support test strategy development.
• Provide periodic metrics/ reports and report project status/health to test team lead.
• Mentor junior testers.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior experience.
-Strong written and communication skills required.
• The ability to analyze requirements and create testable scenarios to satisfy the acceptance criteria.
• Expertise in Functional and End to End testing.
• Previous experience with User Acceptance Testing or Operational support
• Strong experience in developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
• Experience in backend testing.
• Experience in all phases of the system development life cycle as it applies to software testing activities.
• Proficiency in the use of database SQL statements.
• Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details.
• Solid organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task, handle multiple assignments / individuals simultaneously and effectively bring discussions and issues to closure with consensus.
• Good knowledge of client server, object-oriented, web-based systems/web services and environments and related tools & technology.
• Tools/Technology Experience: Exposure and usage of applicable languages and software commensurate with, but not limited to:
-Technical management tools such as JIRA Agile/Version One, TOAD, Rally (Requirements Management), Version Manager, and Serena Business Manager (SBM)
oUsability Software such as Microsoft Professional Suite including Project, VISIO, Word, Excel and SharePoint (2010 or newer
-Experience on a prior Census engagement would be highly advantageous
• Experience working on cloud-based hosted systems
• Experience with C#, Visual Studio