Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Description of Business Environment:
Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in front line digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a number of Solutions Architects to support the pre-sales, bid and ultimately delivery phases for major government, MoD, critical infrastructure focused IT programmes.
Solution Architects shape and develop holistic solutions in response to primarily business level requirements, with a cognitive ability to 'abstract' and 'connect the dots'. They have an ability to navigate through loosely defined and complex situations to create crisp and clear outcomes. As seasoned professionals, they rely a broad experience across both the business and technical domains, with multiple areas of deep knowledge and experience they bring to bear to create, communicate and deliver holistic technology, service and delivery solutions.
Required Skills and Fit:
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- A strong leader, with organisational acumen and personal presence that drives confidence and followership both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer facing and pre-sales skills, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information in a competitive environment, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapport with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisance, understanding and relevance in response.
- Experience of working in new business environment, shaping and bidding on large and complex programmes, with outstanding ability to translate often complex technical environments into coherent and understandable solutions communicated both orally and in the written form, often in highly compressed and customer structured response documents.
- Significant, tangible and demonstrable experience in the solution design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems, services and transformation programmes, with a track record of accomplishment bringing credibility to engagements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and cognisance of adjacent disciplines, including programme management, customer relationship management, business development and financial management - ensuring optimised, holistic, winning and deliverable solutions that delight customers.
- An excellent communicator, ensuring solutions are communicated in relevant, compelling and engaging fashions across written, visual and oral mediums, including up to executive level.
- Indepth experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security and its application to modern secure IT systems and services.
In addition the successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated expertise designing, implementing and integrating large enterprise grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Ability to provide clear technical leadership whilst working collaboratively with a wider solution and bid team
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done - particularly in a bid scenario.
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and work with related business functions
- Will be required to undergo security clearance (SC level minimum).
Solution Architect candidates may be drawn from a variety of different roles in other organistaions, including those with titles such as:
- Account CTO
- Chief Architect
- Pre-Sales Consultant
- Pre-Sales Architect
- IT Manager
- Senior Consultant
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: