Join our talent network

Job #: R-00001389
Location: WASHINGTON, DC
Category: Writing and Editing
Schedule (FT/PT): Full time
Travel Required: No
Shift: Day
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
Group: Civil

Job Description:

Description: Leidos is looking for a Communications Assistant to support our client, the Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office of Communications (OCOM). The position will be fulltime (40 hrs/wk) and located at the OCOM office in the Gallery Place area of Washington, DC. The Communications Assistant will support publications development (i.e., coordinating, scheduling, and tracking the production of OJP print and electronic publications and products) and provide editing and original writing services for quick turnaround/ad hoc assignments; coordinate and assemble materials for meetings and other requests; assemble and format data in response to calls for information; and provide other communications support tasks as needed. The Communications Assistant will work closely, on a daily basis, with OJP communications, program and senior staff, and other subject matter experts (e.g., grantee and contract staff).

The onsite Communications Assistant will perform coordination functions and editing/writing for approximately 75% of his/her time, with the other 25% devoted to coordination and other impromptu, ad hoc editing and writing assignments, as needed by the agency.

Specific responsibilities/tasks/skills include:

• Compile standard OCOM reports, including the Attorney General, OCOM, and Public Affairs weekly reports. Assist in updating/maintaining OCOM tracker of incoming requests for the Congressional and Public Affairs teams.
• Assist OCOM staff with scheduling for the OJP Assistant Attorney General and other OAAG staff. Tasks include continual updating of the master PowerPoint scheduling report; contacting OJP, DOJ, and external sources for information; and attending scheduling meetings.
• Assist administrative staff with such tasks as answering and routing incoming phone calls.

Minimum Experience: Four+ years of directly relevant work experience performing communications and coordination activities. Excellent proofreading, copy editing, and oral/written communications skills required.

Education Requisite: Bachelor's degree.

Security Clearance: The position required a Public Trust clearance. (Candidates must be eligible for a Public Trust clearance, and cannot start in the position until completing security clearance and receiving approval from the government.)

Telecommuting: Part-time telecommuting will be considered, at the discretion of the government.

External Referral Bonus:
Ineligible

Potential for Telework:
No

Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust

Travel:
No

Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40

Shift:
Day

Requisition Category:
Professional

Job Family:
Writing and Editing

2000

Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.

Talent Community

Join our Talent Community to create a profile, enabling a streamlined application process and to help our recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and interest.

Join our Talent Community