The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the conference
center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within
the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration,
operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS
UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating
systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational
values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that
people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of
all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and
application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system
data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or
disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various
constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and
communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative
tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure
applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource
optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day
issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve
Bachelor's degree and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
Additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly is required
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel