Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Are you an enthusiastic Technician who would enjoy working in a vibrant and challenging research and development environment at Kirtland, AFB NM? Work both in the lab and out in the field constructing and testing pulsed power research projects, which include high power microwave systems, high voltage and high current discharge systems, and related sub-systems. If you have good technical skills, are motivated, can multitask assignments, have time-management skills, are a good communicator, work well with others, and can work with minimal supervision, we want you on our team.
Fun stuff on the job you will get to do:
- Lead technical projects, sets-up experiments and conducts tests.
- Creates, builds, assembles, modifies and/or repairs prototypes.
- Troubleshoots hardware and data acquisition systems.
- Collects, maintains, organizes, and compiles technical data.
- Assists engineering staff in analyzing data.
- Prepares documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
To be successful in this role these are the skills you need:
- AAS degree in Engineering or Electronics with at least 1 year of applicable experience or 3 years of experience in lieu of degree
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance within 6 months of hire
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
- Ability to handle unusual and unique occurring job events with minimal assistance
- Willingness to support multiple customers for both short and long term assignments
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency with standard desktop computer software
If you have these skills you will wow us even more:
- Active DOD or DOE clearance
- Experience with High Voltage systems (> 100 kV)
- Experience with High Current discharge systems (> 1 kA)
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, high voltage power supplies, control systems, network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, and a wide array of time and frequency domain calibration equipment
- Experience with electronics circuit assembly, troubleshooting and soldering
- Experience with vacuum/pneumatic systems and controls
- Experience with manual machining equipment (mill, lathe, etc.)
- Experience with LabView and related instrumentation and control software
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals and gases
External Referral Eligible