Leidos is seeking an Interactive Simulation Programmer with broad - based computer skills to support our Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP LLC) customer. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor nuclear power trainers, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and instructional designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The team's mission is to transform Navy-developed computer-based nuclear power training curriculum from ideas and concepts to functional desktop applications. These applications are used in a self-paced learning environment by Navy nuclear powerplant operator trainees.
Assists with the design and programming of interactive multimedia applications for web-based delivery. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter that is able to multi-task and work within deadlines, and must be able to smoothly transition between various
projects to solve technical issues. Must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and Subject Matter Experts. Provide accurate task completion estimates, and develop applications using storyboards.
Responsible for applying adult learning theory to the creation of e-Learning and blended learning solutions. Assist in the research, selection, and modification of existing training content to meet learning needs. Converting instructor led content to e-Learning
solutions, when applicable. Supports training team administrative functions, as assigned, including: manipulation of portal content and integrity of training related databases. W ork with the Instructional Designer and FMP, LLC's subject matter experts to generate technical specifications to implement desired functionality/interactivity into computer-based training applications. A ssist FMP, LLC in the design and development of interactive training applications, including the recommendation of methods and software. Assist FMP, LLC and Instructional Designer in development of presentation and interaction sequence storyboards.
- Associate's degree with three (3) years of professional experience or equivalent combined education / experience. Two (2) additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirement.
- Experienced in the development of multimedia applications, systems and products involving computer graphics and interactive user interfaces.
- Proficient in the programming of interactive simulation using gaming software (c.g., CryENGlNE).
- Proficient in the development and programming of interactive, computer-based multimedia training materials.
- Experience in the development of interactive training applications using object- oriented software (e.g., c# or c+-1-).
- Must have an active or current final US Secret security clearance to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year relevant experience or equivalent education and experience or Associate's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.
- Experience in building eLearning strategies to support program initiatives.
- Experience / familiarity with the following is a plus but not required: SQL, Visual Basic, Developing Databases using Microsoft Access, Work with Learning Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems including the use of SCORM, Tin Can, Section 508 and other industry standards.
- P roficient in the storyboarding of training products including sequencing and interactivity specifications.
- Use of Adobe Captive or Premier.
- Knowledge of the Navy Nuclear Power Training Program (NNPTP) a plus.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel