Leidos is seeking a System Administrator, to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program, in Alexandria, VA.
Will provide systems administrative and technical support to the program's EMS (emergency management system) to include but not limited to:
- Serve as Primary POC for local server, network and telecom repair of district infrastructure components
- Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation
- Coordinate local response to IAVA vulnerability remediation
- Ensure priority adjustment and supporting emergency situations are covered for all services and requirements
- Escalate local issues to the Leidos Division Manager
- Coordinate Level 3 support to the district technical personnel
- Primary escalation POC for after hours and VIP level support requests
- Responsible for monitoring local Service Delivery ticket queues so that aging tickets are given appropriate follow-up attention
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Mainframe, network, and work group server monitoring and management
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Set up of administrator and service accounts
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Tune system performance
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Evaluate vendor products and make recommendations for procurement of software and hardware
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Manage computing resource use policy development and standards for allocation
- Ensure data network availability
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification (For example, Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+)
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Windows Server 2012; Active Directory
- Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Cisco Telephony /Router Solutions.
- Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits).
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: