Leidos currently has an exciting career opportunity for a JAVA Software Developer in the Columbia, MD area. If you are an experienced, cleared Agile Software Developer and are interested in a challenging new environment with opportunity for growth, we would like to meet with you!
Leidos is looking for a Software Developer with strong systems, software, and Agile experience to support a modernization program by performing Agile development in a SecDevOps environment.
- Code and test software based on User Stories and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile Scrum team.
- Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
- Use software tools to develop domain software and support software reuse and refactoring.
- Identify software components and interface requirements, and support the software configuration management process.
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, documentation, and maintenance, for a complex software system/application.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in software development. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required.
- Understanding of SAFe software processes and methodologies.
- Proficiency using Java.
- Knowledge of modern software design patterns.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Proficiency with common Agile practices, microservice-oriented environments, and agile development practices.
- Proficiency with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with the following: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, OpenShift, Jira, Confluence, Eclipse, Gradle, Junit, Bitbucket, Cucumber, Jenkins, git, Java, Hibernate, JPA, Mongo, MariaDB or Postgres, Jetty.• Experience performing Test Driven Development (TDD) as part of Agile development.
- Expertise with DevOps frameworks and tools.
- Experience with AWS.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours: