Leidos has a career opening for a Network Operations Shift Lead in Ogden, UT at Hill Air Force Base.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position oversees the contractor support staff for the DISA-provided services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) located in Hill AFB. Candidate should have proven experience in overseeing functional groups (of staff) and diverse technologies to include NOC Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Network Engineers 24x7x365 in support of the GSM-O contract.
• Work closely with the other functional managers (O&M, RF, CM, DCCC, & Engineering) and senior NOC management to ensure cross functional processes and procedures are monitored and adhered to. The GSMO Shift Lead provides situational awareness to government customer on a variety of technology based issues impacted the DoD networking systems and ensures GSMO leadership is aware of highly visible network outages.
• Oversee the operations of the GSMO Shift Controllers.
• Assist in providing direct support to government customer.
• Ensure efficiency by identifying areas of improvement and recommending procedural changes that enables the Government to attain integrated outcomes that are effective.
• Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements by directly interacting with operations team.
• Assign tasks to contractor personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 4+ yrs. of overall related experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
• ITIL certification.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel