The Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Program Manager, in San Diego CA. Some travel to Arlington VA, Long Beach MS and other locations may be necessary.
This position is in support of a contract for supporting Maritime undersea systems, and involves both direct contract support and proposal planning and preparation. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of program goals and objectives. Duties include ensuring that the program runs within scope, time, and budget constraints. This position requires interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
The current program effort involves production of systems, non-recurring engineering tasks, logistics tasks, and planning and preparing for two major anticipated proposals. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of Program Management experience, preferably with some level of technical experience. The person in this position will work directly with the both the Leidos team and the government program office to assist the program manager in ensuring success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, client relationships, management for CPAR scores and improvements, oversight of internal research efforts, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities.
In this position the expectation is that the employee will be engaged at some level in all of the following activities:
- Project planning and execution that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
- Responsible for managing project leads and ensuring successful project delivery and timely submission of contract deliverables.
- Responsible for leading meetings, collaborating on and developing products/briefings, and effectively communicating complex technical material.
- Responsible for supporting strategic business capture efforts, developing strategies, preparing white papers, and supporting proposal teams.
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Provide oversight, direction and leadership over project leaders in execution of tasking, to include production, engineering, and logistics efforts.
- Ensure work authorizations and tasking are well understood by the team.
- Assist with managing personnel needs, personnel hiring, and interact with HR when required.
- Assist in providing input to supervisors on team member performance
- Ability to complete the responsibilities outlined above.
- Ability to resource load schedules and perform project tracking
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic, distributed environment.
- Possess strong collaboration skills with highly technical personnel
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with complex architectures supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in program management.
- Broad understanding of Navy Operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and team player.
- Microsoft Project
- Software Development Management
- Production Management; Lean Manufacturing
- Maritime undersea surveillance
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or DAWIA equivalent
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management