Leidos is seeking a Part-Time Senior Software Engineer in Greenbelt, MD to support our Space Communication Network Services (SCNS) Contract for NASA. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks. The selected individual is responsible for providing software engineering, data management, and analysis for Satellite Laser Ranging sustaining engineering and data operations systems. This individual will also be responsible for monitoring incoming data, analyzing system performance, and developing software in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors data flow and reports and corrects issues, as needed.
- Oversees quality checks of Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) data from NASA's SLR stations.
- Performs performance analyses on station data, e.g. calibration data
- Develops and maintains software for the SLR Data Operations Center in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
- Participates in and contributes to preparation for technical discussions, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Develops and executes test plans for software system verification and acceptance
- Participates in established Configuration Management process
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or related field, and 5+ years of related work experience (Or A Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field and 3+ years of related experience).
- 3+ years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of software systems including hands-on work in testing and integration
- 3+ years of experience developing programs in at least one of C, FORTRAN, or Java
- 3+ years of experience designing relational databases and writing queries in a standard language, e.g. SQL.
- 3+ years of experience scripting in a common scripting language, e.g. Bash/Unix shell, Perl, or Python.
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining documentation on the software's configuration.
- 3+ years of experience writing and executing software test plans.
- Experience with Oracle Database.
- Data analysis experience (e.g. Matlab, Excel, SAS).
- Familiarity with configuration management processes and tools (e.g. Subversion).
- Ability to work well as a team player that can take high level direction and work independently, as well as work closely with peers
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: