Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to support NASA's Near Earth Network project in Wallops Island, VA. Leidos is part of the Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
This position will involve the design, integration, and test of new satellite ground station software and performing modifications to existing ground station software. The selected candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Duties may include:
- Systems requirements development and allocation
- Managing software specifications
- Developing code in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
- Developing and executing test plans for software system verification and acceptance, and Developing associated documentation
- Analyzing software systems, codes, and software modules to resolve issues with software functionality and/or performance
- Supporting the integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generating related documentation.
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, mathematics or a related technical field is required and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of real-time data acquisition software with emphasis in knowledge of POSIX compliant standards as they apply to Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Experience in the design and development of real-time data acquisition applications for the Lynx Operating System (or compatible RTOS equivalent) in an X86 environment is required.
- Experience with multithreading, Network Protocol Stack (Client/Server), and equipment control interfaces (ICDs, API, Library interfaces) is required.
- Experience with software languages including C, C++, Visual Studio, Java Script, Python, Windows, Linux, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL is required.
- A Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field may substitute for 3 years of experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with hardware/software testing and requirement verification.
- Prior experience with projects involving NASA hardware and software interfaces and antennas, including experience with the NASA's Space Network and/or Near Earth Network.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a trusted background check and pass a National Criminal Information Check (NCIC). Proof of U.S. citizenship is required.