Leidos is seeking an Information Security Engineer to join our team at the White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM on the Space Communications Network Services Contract (SCNS) supporting NASA. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and maintain data needed to meet system cybersecurity reporting.
- Participate in Risk Governance process to provide security risks, mitigations, and input on other technical risk.
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security.
- Providing engineering and security support to projects during testing.
- Ensure required security controls are represented in technical documentation.
- Assist with Security Control testing and verification.
- Coordinate and manage the proper implementation of NIST security controls on a variety of system platforms.
- Provide technical and procedural information system security advice to the site regarding the processing and protection of information.
- Analyze information systems utilizing various INFOSEC cyber security techniques including packet analysis tools,
- forensics tools, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, SIEM solutions, and vulnerability assessment software to aid in detection and prevention of cyber-attacks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering Technology, Science, Math, Engineering and 2+ years of demonstrated work experience, or 6+ years with an AAS, or 9 years of demonstrated work in IT Security, or equivalent.
- Current CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Active Secret clearance
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems: Sourcefire Appliances, Lancope Stealth Watch Appliances, McAfee IPS Network Security Manager Appliances.
- Firewalls Appliances: Palo Alto Next-Gen, Juniper Netscreen, Cyberguard, Cisco, Fortinet, McAfee Web Gateway.
- Security Info/Event Management Systems: ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager, Splunk, NetIQ SM, McAfee ePO.
- Vulnerability Assessment Systems: Nessus Security Center/Pro, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, DBProtect,various cyber security tools.
- Network Switching/Routing/Wireless: Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks.
- Network Protocol Analysis: Wireshark, Fluke Protocol Expert, Javvin Packet Analyzer.
- Network Performance Test Systems: Spirent SmartBits, IXIA equipment, Fluke network analysis equipment.
- Desktop/Server Operating Systems: Windows, Linux Redhat, Solaris, HP-UX, VMS.
- Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: