Leidos is seeking a TDRS Telemetry, Tracking, and Commanding (TT&C) Lead to join our team at White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM. This role will provide support to the SGSS Project as a TDRS TT&C Lead. The TDRS TT&C Lead will support the SGSS Project in assessment and oversight of the SGSS Implementation Contractor's (IC) requirement verification plans, design, development, integration, testing, deployment, and installation activities related to the TT&C systems. In addition, the selected individual may participate in GD forums involving Operations/DR resolution or Test formulation and Staffing.
This role includes the following in the Operational areas of the SGSS Deployment:
- Monitor, exercise, and report on the SGSS ground system performance, TDRS satellite(s) functionality and TDRS satellite(s) support, and User mission support during Level 5 and Level 6 testing and requirements verification activities in preparations to insure that the console operator positions are functional for real time operations.
- Review plans, schedules, and status associated with the TT&C elements, and provide inputs to the SGSS Project regarding the IC's performance.
- Evaluate the IC's plans and designs, ensuring the element design meets the intent of system-level requirements associated with the element and its use in the operational environment.
- Support verification of TT&C requirements, providing clarification on system requirements as appropriate. The contractor shall ensure lower level requirements (Level 4/5/6) comply with the intent of the Level 3 requirements.
- Witness element and system level test activities at the IC facility and operational sites.
- Review discrepancy reports, Problem Work Item (PWI) reports and monitor progress of discrepancy resolutions as they relate to TT&C.
- Support TT&C related engineering analyses and trade studies.
- Participate in various engineering peer reviews, system reviews, regularly scheduled and ad-hoc Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Support reviews of TT&C related CDRL and non-CDRL documents as a recognized subject matter expert.
- Support the system engineering team by tracking requirements, interfaces, and testing related to TT&C.
- Support the Deployment and Transition team with activities related to the TT&C.
- Participate in Monthly / Quarterly Project Status Reviews.
- Participate in Contractor led meetings involving the creation and processing of Flight and Ground LOP documentation.
- Submit weekly status summaries regarding the TT&C Element to the SGSS System Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent TT&C work experience with NASA Space Network, spacecraft operations, or system test experience)
- 5+ years related work experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain SECRET security clearance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Active SECRET clearance. Previous spacecraft operations, design, or test experience. 3+ years of experience with one or more of the following components:
- TRW (Generation 1) TDRS Satellite Bus Payload and Operations
- Boeing (Generation 2 & 3) TDRS Satellite Bus Payload and Operations
- TDRS Satellite and ground and ground system testing
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with peers and site management.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: