Leidos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Greenbelt, MD to support the Space Communication Network Services (SCNS) Contract. This position supports the NASA Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) operations, maintenance, and test and integration of electronic, electro-optical, and electromechanical systems. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing system requirements development and allocation.
- Performing the analysis, design, fabrication, test and integration of electrical systems for ground system applications.
- Modifying, testing, and replacing electronic, electromechanical, and electro-optical subsystems and components as necessary to ensure operability and maintainability of the SLR network.
- Developing and executing of test plans for electronics system verification and acceptance.
- Performing test sequences to characterize and/or troubleshoot the performance of electrical components and systems.
- Providing hardware maintenance services which may include installation or modification and re-installation of existing equipment, preventive and corrective maintenance, and replacement of equipment as needed to maintain original hardware configuration functionality.
- Performing such tasks as replacing components and wiring circuits; repairing simple electronic equipment; and taking test readings using common instruments such as digital multimeters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes.
- Applying comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
- Preparing documentation of equipment architecture and cabling configurations.
- Performing duties in accordance with all systems engineering and configuration management policies and procedures.
- Developing operations and maintenance documentation.
- Analyzing and interpreting test results and preparing summary reports.
- Identifying design alternatives and performing trade studies for system upgrades or replacement of obsolete equipment.
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- B.S, in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Mathematics and 5+ years' of related experience (or a Associates Degree and 8+ years of related experiences).
- 3+ years' experience working with electro-optic elements, subsystems, and systems for ground-based systems including lasers, detectors, and beam control assemblies.
- 1+ years of experience providing hardware maintenance services which may include installation or modification and re-installation of existing equipment.
- Experience integrating and configuring timing equipment for high precision servo control, data measurement, and processing systems/subsystems.
- Experience using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the systems engineering life cycle from the specification and analysis of requirements, through the design of the hardware or software, procurement, fabrication, assembly, to integration and test to verify that system requirements have been realized.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: