No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Assistant Team Lead will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises. Assist with the screens of resumes for potential instructors, assist with the scheduling of instructors based on the published schedules, audit instructors based on the Instructor Guide, assist with the execution of training IAW training schedule, help to ensure all training is conducted IAW all safety requirements.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Assist with the planning, implementation, and coordination of all assigned training delivery and education programs
• Meet and maintain basic CDP instructor certification requirements
• Assist with the research, selection, and scheduling of instructors for all assigned courses
• Assist with the disseminate of information to instructors regarding curriculum changes, upgrades, and venue enhancements that are designed to raise knowledge and skill levels
• Assists with the review of curriculum to ensure consistency with National Standards and acceptable guidelines
• Monitor daily attendance of instructors and students attending training classes
• Instruct as needed is assigned courses
• Work with logistics team to ensure training venues/areas are set up
• Ensure all equipment is recovered and secured at the end of training
• Assist with new instructor recruitment programs and orientation programs.
• Assist with the develop, maintain, and enforce Leidos safety programs
• Monitor, evaluate, and recommend corrections for dangerous conditions that are observed or occur in the classroom and training sites
• Ensure training is conducted IAW current POI, Instructor Guide and published training schedule
• Assist Team Lead with the supervision of instructors and support staff assigned to courses
• Work closely with the Subject Matter Experts and Course Leader to ensure seamless training delivery.
• The Assistant Team Lead will maintain knowledge base as a subject matter expert in Law Enforcement discipline through training and continued involvement in field and maintain qualification to instruct in Law Enforcement related courses.
• Communicate with Centralized Scheduling as needed to resolve conflicts related to instructor assignment.
• Requires a BA degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• The ideal candidate will have ten years of current experience in the Law Enforcement profession and possess functional knowledge of the federal response plan/NIMS or working knowledge of LE training provided by CDP.
• Must possess instructor teaching certification, post-secondary teaching experience, or teaching degree
• Must have 5 years of experience with supervision or management
• Must have 3 years of current teaching experience
• Must have all-hazards experience with man-made, natural disasters, weapons of mass destruction (WMD), or civil disturbance events
• Must have completed ICS 100/200/700/800
• Must have working knowledge of federal response, NIMS, and ICS
• Willing to travel in support of the contract
• Successfully complete Leidos pre-placement screenings including, but not limited to, criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and drug testing,
• Successfully complete FEMA background/security check.
• Complete disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Police Academy Management or Training Delivery
• Community policing programs
• Civil Disturbance / Riot Control
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: