The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Service Center in Des Moines, WA
In this role you will create and review designs and drawings as required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for FAA communications towers/ antennas and support buildings to include anchors, foundations and roofing.
- Develop engineering plans for design or relocation of concrete duct banks, and fiber or copper cable pulls.
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW), schedule, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Project management including NAS risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
Typical Education / Experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Note: Candidates with less experience will be considered.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, concrete foundations, duct banks, and project scheduling.
- Proven fundamental engineering knowledge in steel, concrete and soils design.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Site surveys may require climbing communications/antenna towers for inspection.
- Antenna / free-standing tower construction
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: