The NISC III program at Leidos currently has an opening for a Knowledge Services Network (KSN) / Sharepoint Programmer / Facilitator to work in our Ft. Worth, TX office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
In this mission we provide subject matter expertise to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area and are currently seeking a contractor to perform IT-related services involving its Sharepoint Microsoft Knowledge Services Network (KSN) site.
This position is located within the FAA's Security and Hazardous Materials Safety Office (ASH/AXH).
The work will involve duties related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of Hazardous Materials Safety Office's Knowledge Services Network (KSN) site.
These duties will include, but are not limited to regular maintenance, training, help desk assistance, updates and generating reports, as described above.
- Apply your experience and knowledge of Microsoft KSN, Microsoft InfoPath, SharePoint Designer to maintain the KSN site.
- Develop and input the programming necessary for the generation of forms within the KSN site and output from the KSN site.
- Produce other data collection tools in support of the KSN site.
- Gather requirements, and develop functional and technical specifications that support the vision and mission of the Security and Hazardous Materials Safety Office (ASH/AXH) organization.
- Prepare and present reports gathered from KSN and other FAA data systems to internal customers on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for the implementation, upgrade, and day-to-day administration of the KSN environment.
- Create and develop KSN enhancements, modifications, and remediation of problems arising from operation of the system, through programming.
- Develop training for users of the KSN site.
- Provide support services, e.g., help desk services, to users of the KSN site.
- Prioritize help desk tickets to ensure timely response to requests for help desk assistance.
- Develop metrics to assist in understanding whether the KSN site functions in accordance with technical requirements and conforms to appropriate business processes used by the FAA.
- Develop metrics to assist in understanding the user experience.
- Ensure that the KSN site meets the technical, business process and end user requirements by regularly analyzing the system using approved metrics and providing recommendations based upon that analysis.
- Monitor and ensure that the systems and processes for KSN are reliable and maintainable.
- Analyze and report KSN usage and activity.
- Manage system permissions.
Note: This is an unscheduled professional position. Expected work hours per week is 20 but there could be works with higher working hours.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
While there is no specific educational requirement, individuals with this expertise typically have a BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft InfoPath, SharePoint Designer and have experience as a SharePoint or Sharepoint based-KSN Facilitator.
- Experience working with SharePoint and as a KSN programmer or facilitator
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: