Leidos is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to support our Arnold, MO customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security is a must to be considered.
This position is responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks Effective candidates will be able to:
- Analyze voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- May perform network administration duties
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Network Engineering responsibilities will include:
- Working Tier 2/ Tier 3 Network related Remedy tickets
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Assist in the development of the NCE Network Transport Architecture
- Develop detailed logical designs in areas of:
- IPv4 & IPv6 (will migrate to IPv6 over life of contract)
- Routing Table Virtualization (VRFs)
- Cisco MPLS
- Security, IDS, VPN and various types of encryption
- QOS and COS
- Spanning Tree and Cisco VSS architectures
- Multicast architecture
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (OSPF & BGPv4)
- Implement the above named detailed logical designs
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and maintain the implemented transport solutions
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel