The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for an F5 Network Engineer to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) in house application availability and external reachability requirement in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
The Senior F5 engineer to support for a Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) program. The successful candidate will have the responsibility to design and build out technological solutions to support DTRA's in house application availability and external reachability requirement. The Engineer will work directly with customers to determine requirements for site-to-site redundancy and build out solutions to account for these needs. On a daily basis the candidate will work with a team comprised of roughly 18 Network Engineers. The selected candidate will focus on Developing in F5's iRules. An iRule is a powerful and flexible feature of BIG-IP devices based on F5's exclusive TMOS architecture. iRules provide unprecedented control to directly manipulate and manage any IP application traffic. iRules utilizes an easy to learn scripting syntax and enables you to customize how you intercept, inspect, transform, and direct inbound or outbound application traffic.
Position is supporting network Design/Build for a multi-discipline engineering team and requires;
• Develop iRules within F5's Architecture to allow for customer's applications to be published externally, the initial application will be SharePoint.
• Scripting skills in one or more of the following (Powershell, iRule, Tcl, Python)
• The F5 engineer will work the Access Policy Manager (APM) module, meeting requirements for ease of access, while maintaining 2 factor authentication requirements.
• Design and build out technological solutions to support DTRA's in house application availability and external reachability requirement through the further development of iRules.
• Work directly with customers to determine requirements for site-to-site redundancy and build out solutions to account for these needs, including failover automation, notification, adequate sizing of real server pools, etc.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required with 16+ years of over all related Network Engineering experience. Specific F5 experience okay in lieu of degree and years experience.
• 5+ years Network Engineering with F5 or related experience.
• Scripting skills in one or more of the following (Powershell, iRule, Tcl, Python).
• Experience developing or using community created iRules to support functionality not native to the existing modules.
• Experience developing infrastructure to support highly available web applications.
• Advanced level understanding of Network Engineering and security considerations as they apply to load balancing and constrained delegation functionality.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance at start.
• CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
• Experience working with the F5 virtual appliance, vs. a physical deployment.
• Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS SCI.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel