The Security and Transportation Technology Division is seeking a Field Service Manager responsible for the direct management of approximately 25 Field Service Engineers (FSE) supporting the maintenance of our VACIS, Reveal, and Radiation Detection products deployed throughout the United States. The candidate will support the FSEs to achieve our contract service level requirements for our critical national security customers TSA and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This position will report directly to the Director, Client Services.
• Vista, CA
• Expected travel ~ 20%
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Direct management of assigned Field Service Engineer resources to meet contractual service level goals and commitments across customers and product lines.
• Manage and ensure technical training requirements for FSEs based on assigned product mix and resource location.
• Manage timely completion of open work orders to minimize equipment downtime.
• Maintain staffing levels to meet maintenance service level goals and commitments.
• Attendance at customer meetings / frequent customer communication related to equipment performance.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a related engineering or management discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience; or 2 to 6 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. High School diploma with an additional 4 years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Proven experience successfully managing field or technical staff.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (second language a plus).
• Ability to work independently and contribute successfully within a team structure.
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking.
• Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn.
• Experience with technical documentation and manuals and ability to learn and understand highly technical products quickly.
• Proven experience working with subject matter experts / collaboration across organization as needed to solve difficult problems.
• Experience as a Field Service Engineer or Technician in Security Products or related equipment.
• Technical familiarization with VACIS and Reveal technology is beneficial to immediate productivity.
• Proven Program / Project Management experience managing tasks within schedule and budget.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: