No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking a Research and Development Engineer III for our Pittsburgh, PA location.
- P erform statistical analysis, risk assessment, and uncertainty quantification for decision support, including development of probabilistic models including Bayesian belief networks, fault tree analysis, and integrated assessment modeling.
- P rovide R&D support to Carbon Storage FWP and NRAP FWP activities.
- A nalyze data from experiments and assist in the development of papers, presentations and posters.
- Participate in group meetings. Group meetings are designed to allow the applicant to discuss current research and promote discussion with fellow AECOM researchers. Group meetings occur every week. The manager will request the applicant to provide a PowerPoint presentation for group meetings. The frequency of these presentations is generally once every 6 months but can occur at a higher rate.
- An update will be due by the end of each month briefly describing the accomplishments from that month and the next month's forecast. Also, the applicant will include the relevant status of patents, publications or presentations. Reported information concerning publications and presentations shall include full title, author listing and journal or society name.
- An update will be due by the end of the quarter briefly describing that quarter's accomplishments.
This position will require extensive interface with customers and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of job-related experience in biology, chemistry, economics, geology, physics, mathematics or related scientific field or a Masters degree or equivalent. Excellent communications and analytical skills, working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- G eneral technical understanding of the behavior of behavior of engineered geologic systems, including geologic carbon storage, enhanced oil recovery, and unconventional oil and gas production.
- E xperience in interpretation of simulation and field datasets and diagnosis of leakage based on information from multiple monitoring signals.
- Ph.D. in engineering or related science.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: