The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Junior Web Developer to work in our King George, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Navy Engineering Management System (NEMS) mission. In this mission we support the Navy's drive to improve efficiency in the development and management of their data, information, and knowledge base for V Department at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NWSCDD). These services focus on the development, modernization, and sustainment of several service-oriented Information Technology (IT) solutions. These solutions include web-based environments, systems engineering tool environments, and database environments. Leidos provides direct on-site collaboration with, and usage training for, Naval program managers and engineers.
*Telecommuting is allowed for 10% of the time.
*The funding for this particular position is good through February 2019.
• Design and develop web applications
• Design relational databases
• Write and maintain application documentation
• Peer test application updates
• Work in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
• Interact with Government customer
• Must possess a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
• R equires a bachelor's degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience, or a master's degree with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional relevant experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of a degree. Experience should be technical experience with custom information systems development. Academic and Internship experience will be considered toward experience requirements.
• Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
• Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting applications to facilitate fixes and improvements.
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas to coders, teammates and management.
• Experience building information management applications and working with relational databases.
• Experience working as part of a team of developers, coders, testers, and CM specialists
• Experience in 2 of the following toolsets:
o SQL or PL/SQL
o Graphics tools
• Associate's Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Math
• Security + CE Certification or ability to attain in 45-60 days
• Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher experience
• MS SQL or Oracle database development with SQL tools
• Version control tools including git or Subversion
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel