No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos is looking for a Business Application Programmer in Lanham, MD. Responsibilities include:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates programming application activities.
- Writes business applications computer software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business problems or questions.
- Develops statements of problems, designs systems and programs, and writes programs in computer language for solution by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Serves as resource for cost saving and/or cost avoidance efforts in Operations by leading, documenting, and submitting event(s) to Quality Assurance.
- Serves asresource for activities/projects within Operations.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a Project/Activity.
- Responsible for executing tasks and producing deliverables as outlined in the Project/Activity Plan.
- Develop Windows desktop images (Windows7 and Windows10) for production.
- Additional responsibilities include custom coding, scheduling, and technical writing.
Candidate should have the following skills:
• Five or more years' experience in PowerShell script writing
• Five or more years' experience in packaging MSI
• Seven or more years' experience in the Information Technology field
• Seven or more years' experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office products
• Seven or more years' experience in troubleshooting problems with Windows based desktops and notebooks
• mid-level programming skills in any one of - Java, C++, or C#,
• knowledge / hands on experience with Windows Operating systems Windows 7 &10 preferred, (
• willing to adapt to challenging situations and resolve technical issues.
• Work ethic & willingness to learn, team work skills.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: