Leidos Corporate Information Security Group is looking for a Principal Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management Engineer to join our Cyber Operations team in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Identify, classify, plan mitigations, and track results for detected cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Identify and classify systems and network vulnerabilities.
- Set up scheduled and ad-hoc scans/reports, and configure, maintain and use various information security assessment tools.
- Engineer solutions and perform assessments on computer/mobile operating systems vulnerabilities and configurations.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of IT or Cybersecurity relevant experience. Additional years of Cybersecurity relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Cybersecurity experience should include the following: reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for risk and relevance and planning mitigations for systems vulnerabilities.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance.
- Ability to architect, design, troubleshoot and deploy vulnerability scanning solutions (Tripwire, OpenVas, Nessus, Qualys, Rapid7, etc).
- Strong in-depth understanding of various versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Java, Perl, etc).
- Prior team lead experience.
- Experience with web service technologies such as REST, XML, SOAP, AJAX.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: