The Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Operation in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate will be a member of an agile scrum oriented engineering team providing development support from designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the customer specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
• Contribute skills and input to a collaborative DevOps Scrum team. Providing creative development based solutions to engineering efforts.
• Work with a team of UI/UX designers and developers to create a seamless user experience.
• Creates automated scripts to perform site maintenance tasks such as upgrades and data migration.
• Analyze, test, and resolve issues with application software.
• Architects web based solutions by researching and recommending third-party modules; actively contribute to development team to define taxonomies, content types, and user permissions.
• Ensures sites maintain optimum performance and security; works with systems administrator to ensure consistent uptime.
• Develop your skills and learn how to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements.
• Support the migration of the applications to the cloud
• Participate in the various agile scrum activities.
• Performing various quality control activities on the software deliverables.
• Collaborating with the QA to test the developed solutions.
• Generate requirements documentation and translate requirements into technical solutions.
• Validate deliverables are Section 508 compliant using approved software.
• Responsible for strict following of configuration management standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science with 2 - 4 years of relevant experience or Master's with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Language proficiency: Java, JavaSript, C++, HTML/CSS, XML, Python, PS/SQL
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in visual design, including gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive and visually engaging designs
• Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment
• Experience with UX and user-centered design
• Knowledge of information architecture, workflow design, information management, and governance for site usability
• Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• A natural problem solver.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with section 508/Accessible website development is a plus.
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.