Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Research Assistant to support our Audiology operations at the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Marine Corps Recruiting Depot (MCRD), Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC. Leidos conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide planning and coordination support for the Hearing Conservation Research Program
- Provide documentation support with reports, papers, research protocols, presentations and posters
- Perform subject recruiting, data collection, data management, statistical analysis, and/or evaluation of human use or engineering data
- Prepare, review and disseminate various internal or external communications
- Provide other research support to various experimental protocols as required
- Assist with research on hearing conservation, including open source literature searches and reviews
- Perform other tasks, possibly outside the area of expertise, to contribute toward project completion
- Document all work in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, posters and documentation binders
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in a hearing, psychology or acoustics field with 0-2 years of relevant research experience.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Experience writing scientific articles or technical reports is highly desired.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
- This position may require regular travel to the USMC MCRD, Parris Island in Beaufort, SC.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: