Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Audiology operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide support for the Hearing Conservation Research Program
- Draft administrative correspondence of internal and external forms and paperwork
- Coordinate with internal and external collaborators to the Hearing Conservation Research Program
- Schedule, coordinate and plan travel, meetings and conferences for on-site, off-site and telecommuting staff.
- Support the development of new initiatives in the areas of hearing conservation and hearing research within the Navy
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of administrative experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Administrative experience in a research or hearing-related setting is highly desired.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.