The Operations Coordinator will provide procurement support and project/program management analysis for all contract requirements. This position requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement and program requests that impact critical support requirements. The candidate will be required to obtain a company Purchasing Card (P-Card), and fulfill all P-Card balancing obligations.
The primary responsibilities for this position involve all aspects of procurement to include making and tracking all purchases, updating and managing an established procurement database, and coordinating deliveries with each customer. Additionally, the Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Program Manager to ensure all other program tasks are completed.
• Bachelor's degree (substitute 5 years experience in lieu of degree) or minimum of 12-15 years of relevant experience (substitute 4 years experience in lieu of degree).
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
• Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base
• Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
• Ability to travel between local sites on occasion to coordinate activities
• Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements
• Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems
• Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customer
• Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to customers' questions in a clear and concise manner
• Comfortable working with senior management
• Experience with relevant logistics and transportation guidelines in support of operational activities
• Experience supporting a technical program