The Defense and Intelligence Group has an opening for a Process Controls Engineer in Reston, Virginia. The primary focus of the group is understanding WMD-related facilities and interoperability of systems. Candidate must bring a creative, yet sound, approach to identifying and solving challenges with these interrelated systems in a customer setting, and have exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to thoroughness. The successful candidate will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of government and contractor personnel conducting Weapons of Mass Destruction Analysis. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment within a government facility.
- Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and engineering expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected facilities.
- Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
- Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ poly level clearance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field (electrical, chemical, etc.) and work-related professional certifications.
- 5+ years of process controls experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments.
- Strong background in controls /Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Professional Engineering Certification
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning is a strong plus.
- Experience with Rockwell PLC (or comparable), HMI & SCADA programming.
- Allen Bradley, FactoryTalkView, GE Fanuc, Modicon, Schneider Electric, Siemens, DeltaV, Wonderware, Emerson
- Building Management Systems (BMS), Industrial HVAC, Central Plant Utilities background.
- Industrial Process, Water/Wastewater, Nuclear, Data Centers, Cogen Plants, Combined Cooling, Heating & Power
- Cooling towers, chillers, UPS, Power Monitoring.
- Cybersecurity experience - Monitoring advanced threats and managing security services.
- IT/Networking Certification (CISSP/SSCP, CEH, etc).
- Experience with penetration testing.
- Familiarity with packet capture and analysis techniques.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel