The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. The role of the Software Engineer is to develop, package, install, and test application packages. Manage and update the Windows 7 and Windows 10 software baselines. Must be proficient in PowerShell scripting and security requirements. Support software applications in large scale deployments. Consult on investigation and resolution of discrepancy reports. Provide technical input for complex support issues. Develop engineering documentation. Maintain the workstations in the virtual lab, physical lab, and development lab to include patching, backups, engineering efforts, and startup/shutdown. Provide assistance to engineers and support staff globally. Define programming practices and standards. Generate test software and conducts unit level test cases to include providing support to test events, as necessary. Act as a technical liaison between internal teams on an as needed basis.
Key member of a team responsible in providing 3rd level application and system support in order to manage Workstation Image and Application Packaging services, solutions and support project work across a broad spectrum of imaging and packaging technologies. Primarily SCCM, MSI and MDT.
Perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
• Expertise experience with implementation of a product roll out for multi- agency/division/department, working with stakeholders, users and vendors, with multiple facets (e.g. Department deployment and migration planning including hardware, software, Software as a Service, testing, training, communication, work team meetings).
• Plan, Consult and Monitor all project related activities to meet aggressive schedule
• Gather, analyse and create roll out plans based on stakeholder's readiness and availability.
• Plan, manage and facilitate meetings to develop a roll out schedule and plan collaboratively with the stakeholders.
• Carry out specialist technical and/or engineering activities in a professional manner in support of project and company objectives
• Carry out complex software packaging and O/S imaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge
• Carry out and/or lead varied software packaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and knowledge, which may include:
• Software planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
• Devising new approaches, applying existing criteria in new manners and drawing conclusions from comparative situations
• Software packaging and patching tasks
• Software prototyping and investigations
• Potential for software coding and unit testing
• System integration and testing
• Software release documentation
• Assistance and input to Enterprise Architecture Design and Development
• Tools customization and integration
• Potential for User interface design and development
• System release and deployment
• Research and development
• Correcting errors in existing maintained systems
• Making recommendations on the assessment of tools and software products
• Supervise and support Engineering staff as required
• Interfacing with the customer and system operators
• Perform System Testing, Deployment and training
• Work within the boundaries of company policies and procedures
• Prepare for and participate in mandated engineering reviews, including review of subcontractor involvement
• Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
Bachelors Degree and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Poly clearance is required.