No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos is seeking an Educational Support Specialist in our for our Pittsburgh, PA location.
- The Educational Support Specialist will be responsible for broad-based administrative support directly supporting the Office of Science and Technology Career Management's post-secondary educational outreach programs.
- Offer support to Graduate Education Program participants and mentors.
- The Educational Support Specialist will assist S&TCM in monitoring the educational outreach program collaborations to ensure they are following NETL Research Associates' policies and meet NETL requirements for sound fiscal management.
- Provide administrative support to the expansion of additional educational programs and support the development of processes and tools to assist mentors in providing a more effective program.
- Support/coordinate work efforts involving the Graduate Education Programs such as:
- Research Associate onboarding, term, and extension administrative process; administratively monitor and track appointments
- Coordinate with and assist mentors and Research Associates
- Prepare obligation and de-obligation funding documentation for the Federal staff's review and approval
- P repare documentation for a period of performance changes for review and approval by Graduate Education Program Manager
- Input, update, and monitor the accuracy of Research Associate Dashboard (RAD)
- A ssist with improvements to the Graduate Education Programs' foreign national process
- Assist with documentation of expenditures, stranded funds, account balances, funding resolutions between financial departments, etc. for Federal staffs' review and approval
- M aintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete research associate digital and hard copy records/files
- When requested by the Graduate Education Program Manager participate in outreach activities that are directly related to the goals of S&T Career Management
- Suggest improvements to the administrative processes for the various Graduate Education Programs
- Assist with maintenance of training tools and informational content to assist mentors (e.g. process, procedures, and FAQ cheat sheets) and research associates, for the Graduate Education Program SharePoint site and external NETL website.
- 3 years of prior relevant experience
- A strong sense of customer service and the commitment to delivering/maintaining finalized products to the client
- Strong written and oral skills are required. Educational Support Specialists are expected to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- To gather, review, and adapt processes and make recommendations to activity manager/client based on data
- The ability to prioritize tasks by understanding the different variables that impact the activity
- A working knowledge of current NETL policies and the ability to apply those policies to daily practice