In this position the selected CE will provide technical expertise in the field of chemical engineering to the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program. CE will provide extensive experience in chemical demilitarization facility systemization testing, start-up, operation and maintenance.
Evaluate BGCAPP Field Office oversight reports to include Government Shift Representative Logs, Field Reports, Surveillance Reports, and Assessment Reports and provide a monthly report summarizing any issues and/or positive and negative trends for the Government to perform their oversight mission.
Review test plans, data and reports to verify that the demilitarization plant equipment will meet performance requirements.
Review documents and observe activities pertaining to the Systems Contractor's (SC's) Configuration Management Program. Provide the Government a monthly Field Report summarizing observations and documenting recommended corrective action(s) for the Government to perform their oversight mission.
Support the Government with coordination between the Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) and other off-site stakeholders to support the Working Test Integrated Project Team (IPT).
Monitor SC progress with plans, procedures and personnel and make recommendations to the Government with regard to preparations for proper commissioning, start-up, maintenance, and operation of the BGCAPP Main Plant and Static Detonation Chamber. Provide the Government a monthly Field Report summarizing observations and documenting recommended corrective action(s) for the Government to perform their oversight mission.
- Masters' technical degree from an accredited college
- 15+ years' experience in Chemical Demilitarization start-up and operations assessment
- Knowledge of field office oversight best practices
- Ability to assess, analyze and prioritize efforts to achieve process improvement
- Experience in mentoring field office leadership
- Understanding of the roles and interactions, and responsibilities of System Contractor (SC), Government Field office and Support Contractor
- Experience in focusing resources on high value oversight efforts
- Experience in contract transition and staff integration
- Knowledge of key BGCAPP government and SC leadership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ( list additional "pluses or nice to have" skills/experience )
- 25+ years of high hazard industry management experience